MOLN Mentorship Program
Applications for mentees are now being accepted for our fourth cohort to be launched at the 2019 Fall Leadership Conference. Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until October 1, 2019
Download Mentee Application for 2019 Cohort
Goals of the Mentoring program
- Develop the next generation of Nurse Leaders
- Facilitate networking and connections among members
- Provide a mentor for new nurse leaders who would like a mentor
- Leverage the expertise and experience of the large MOLN membership
- Support succession planning of leadership roles
PARTICIPANTS AND MATCHING
The participants express interest by filling out an online application. The program coordinators match the mentors with several things in mind:
- Current role or aspiring to leadership;
- Mentors had some experience that the person doing the matching thought was relevant. Example: A mentor who currently works in the Twin Cities, may have been matched with someone in an outstate location. The mentor may have had previous experience in a like setting.
- Type of interest; advanced education; role in practice or education, or other stated interests
- Potential for ease of access. Please note most mentors are from the Twin City metro area. In some cases matches are made within a larger healthcare organization, in some cases not.
Mutual goals should be set and agreed upon to help the mentor and mentee focus their time together and to help measure success.
RESOURCES TO GUIDE THE MENTORING RELATIONSHIP
The resources listed below can be used as discussion tools and to help guide mentors and mentees.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 612-385-4884
Email: email@example.com or by phone: 612-747-3939