- Events and Programs
|Public Policy Internship|
2019 MOLN Nursing Public Policy Internship
The internship is open to MOLN members and non-members with a special emphasis on nurses enrolled in post bacc. nursing education programs.
Registration to open August 2019
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Internship is to provide didactic and experiential learning surrounding health care public policy advocacy.
· Advocacy 101 – Understand Public Policy Processes.
· Describe key steps to effect change in the legislative process and to get a bill into law.
· Describe how to be involved and influence policy at the local and national level.
· Discuss how to work effectively with legislators and staff to advance policy agendas.
· Understand policy hearing processes.
Developing take home advocacy skills.
Developing and delivering testimony at a mock hearing at the Capitol.
Networking with nurses from a variety of clinical and political arenas.
Meeting and learning from public policy leaders.
Registration information to open August 2019.
For questions: contact MOLN office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-659-1425