- Events and Programs
|Public Policy Internship|
2017 MOLN Nursing Public Policy Internship
November 13 and 14
The internship is open to MOLN members and non-members.
Registration to open August 2017
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Internship is to provide didactic and experiential learning surrounding health care public policy advocacy.
· Advocacy 101 – Understand Public Policy Processes.
· Describe key steps to effect change in the legislative process and to get a bill into law.
· Describe how to be involved and influence policy at the local and national level.
· Discuss how to work effectively with legislators and staff to advance policy agendas.
· Understand policy hearing processes.
Developing take home advocacy skills.
Developing and delivering testimony at a mock hearing at the Capitol.
Networking with nurses from a variety of clinical and political arenas.
Meeting and learning from public policy leaders.
LOCATION AND LODGING:
Radisson Hotel Minneapolis/St. Paul North
2540 North Cleveland Ave.
Roseville, MN 55113
Registration information to open August 2017.
For questions: contact MOLN office at email@example.com or 651-659-1425