Nursing Public Policy Internship
Nov 5 - 6, 2018
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Internship is to provide didactic and experiential learning surrounding health care public policy advocacy. View Flier for event.
· Advocacy 101 – Understand Public Policy Processes.
· Describe key steps to effect change in the legislative process and to get a bill into law.
· Describe how to be involved and influence policy at the local and national level.
· Discuss how to work effectively with legislators and staff to advance policy agendas.
· Understand policy hearing processes.
- Develop take home advocacy skills
- Developing and delivering testimony at a mock hearing at the Capitol
- Networking with nurses from a variety of clinical and political arenas
- Meeting and learning from public policy leaders
Registration is not open for 2018!
Registration for the two-day MOLN Nursing Public Policy Internship is available online by clicking Register link above. The MOLN member discounted rate is $195. The Non-member rate is $245. Members should login to their member account to receive the discounted member rate. Students currently enrolled in a nursing education program may attend at the discounted student rate of $95. Students in healthcare administration do not qualify for the discounted rate.
IF YOU HAVE SPECIAL HEALTH, MOBILITY OR DIETARY NEEDS, PLEASE CONTACT THE MOLN OFFICE.
Registration fees, less a $25 cancellation fee, are refundable if notice is received by Oct 26. If you cannot attend, you may choose to send someone in your place; however, discounted member rates cannot be transferred to non-members. Registrations cannot be shared or split. No-shows will be billed.
HOTEL AND LODGING:
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Radisson Hotel Roseville for the nights of Nov. 4 and Nov. 5 at the rate of $119 plus tax. Please make reservations directly with the Radisson at (651) 636-4567 and request the MOLN group block. Reservations must be received before Oct. 19 to guarantee the discounted rate.
WHAT TO WEAR:
Business casual is the suggested attire for all education sessions and networking events. Please remember that meeting rooms are typically colder than a normal business environment, so we suggest dressing in layers. Comfortable shoes are encouraged for day two.
EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY NOTICE:
During the program, attendees, vendors, guests and others may be photographed by MOLN or vendors in capturing the event. Some of these photographs may be displayed by MOLN in future publications or materials connected with the event. If you do not wish for your image to be displayed by MOLN, please contact MOLN in writing at 2550 University Ave. W. 350-S, St Paul 55114 no later than Oct. 26, 2018.
FOR QUESTIONS AND ASSISTANCE:
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone at (651) 659-1425