2017 MOLN Public Policy Internship
Registration is open to MOLN members and non-members.
Discounted rates are available for students currently enrolled in a nursing program.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Internship is to provide didactic and experiential learning surrounding health care public policy advocacy.
· Advocacy 101 – Understand Public Policy Processes.
· Describe key steps to effect change in the legislative process and to get a bill into law.
· Describe how to be involved and influence policy at the local and national level.
· Discuss how to work effectively with legislators and staff to advance policy agendas.
· Understand policy hearing processes.
- Develop take home advocacy skills
- Developing and delivering testimony at a mock hearing at the Capitol
- Networking with nurses from a variety of clinical and political arenas
- Meeting and learning from public policy leaders
LOCATION AND LODGING:
Radisson Hotel Minneapolis/St. Paul North
2540 North Cleveland Ave.
Roseville, MN 55113
Call to make your sleeping room reservation for the nights of Nov. 12 and 13 and request the MOLN group rate of $118 by the cut-off date of Oct. 30. Radisson Hotel Reservations: (800) 333-3333
MN State Capitol
75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
St. Paul, MN
Click the REGISTER button above to register online. Please note complementary shuttle service is available from the hotel to the Capitol on the second day but space is limited so register early! Registration form [PDF].
- Two-day internship registration $175
- Nursing student two-day internship registration $75
For questions contact MOLN office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-659-1425